Sliding windows and doors are well-liked lately and are prevalent in most of the present-day homes. These windows/doors slide horizontally to open, along the window or door channels, optimizing space in the home plus maintain aesthetics.
UPVC windows and doors are made from sections of profile, which are cut and joined together to form the shape of the window or door. The windows are then fabricated from pieces of profile that have been cut to the correct size. These pieces of profiles are joined together using either heat-fusion welding or T-joint connectors. Steel or aluminium reinforcement sections are fixed inside the UPVC profiles to provide additional strength, wherever required.
Comprehensive advantages of UPVC sliding windows and doors are:-
- Low maintenance: – The UPVC sliding Windows and doors require minor maintenance as they are made of sections resulting in less breakage and cost-effective repair / maintenance in course. They are also very easy to carry, transport and fit; making them perhaps the easiest among all types of uPVC doors and windows.
- Durability: – The properties UPVC make it rigid in nature and termite-free. Additionally, they use window glazing which further adds to the durability.
- Energy efficient: – UPVC windows and doors are energy efficient as their designs tend to bring in nature into the home making it bright and lively. Then again, these provide better insulation from outside noise.
- Space optimization and Easy to use: – UPVC sliding windows and doors occupy less space and are easy to operate. To open, all that one has to do is release the latch and slide window/door.
- Contemporary style at affordable costs: – UPVC sliding doors and windows come with glossy and modern look, adding style and elegance to both interiors and exteriors of the construction, but are cost-effective.